Home Meet the Blogger Freebies Contact TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Instagram Pinterest Facebook Twitter Image Map

November 3, 2013

Currently November....

Hello November!!!  WHAT...November.....I can't believe how fast this year is flying by!  I seriously feel like yesterday I was lounging by the pool thinking about the school year ahead.....and now....well.....lets just say I am definitely not sitting by the pool. Ha!

First, I want to promote an amazing blog hop that Jessica Hamilton at Hanging out in First Grade has put together.  Starting Friday, November 8th at 8am....you can hop to 25 different blogs and collect a freebie at each one!  Every freebie is Fall or Thanksgiving themed.....how fun is that!  I am stop number 23.....but I have a pretty neat fall activity I created....son don't forget about me! :)


Secondly, I am linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her series Currently. :)


Farley asked us to provide a yummy pin..... so below is a delicious recipe I made last weekend. 


 The weather was chilly and cold out....so the chicken and dumplings were perfect to warm our bellies.  The recipe was super easy and delicious!!!  I am definitely going to be making it again!  I did add A LOT of seasoning (crushed black pepper, garlic powder, garlic salt and onion salt) to the chicken as it cooked in the crockpot, as others commented on the original recipe that it needed some seasoning. 

One last thing....today I was able to finish another set of interactive notebook pages.  These pages help students make predictions about the text.  Making predictions is a wonderful way to help students increase their comprehension.  I explain to my students that while reading good readers make logical guesses about what is going to happen in the text.  I then tell them they can do this by using text clues (headings, titles, bold print, pictures, captions, etc) and their background knowledge.  Not only do good readers make predictions, but they also revise their predictions when they discover new information.  When good readers are finished, they go back and confirm whether their prediction was correct by using text evidence.  


This download includes six different interactive notebook pages you can use with your class to teach making predictions.  These pages give students the opportunity to explore text features, make predictions, confirm predictions and justify their confirmation with text evidence.  Click the picture below and check them out!

~Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment