Home Meet the Blogger Freebies Contact TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Instagram Pinterest Facebook Twitter Image Map

May 1, 2013

Website Wednesday

Happy Wednesday everyone!  :)  On this fabulous day I am sharing multiple websites....which is exciting, right?!?! Throughout this year I have been on a never-ending and exhaustive hunt for informational text.  We all know Common Core demands more informational text be placed in the hands of our kiddos....which will be a struggle at our school.  In all honesty, we really don't have a ton of non-fiction text. For so long our school district has read novels, short stories or literature......but not anymore!!  Check out the graphic below for an idea of how text should be balanced.
Once I knew what was expected.....the hunt for informational text began (and still continues)!!!  I must admit one of the instructional coaches in our district compiled this list of websites....but I had to share with my fellow bloggies because the list was so great!



Happy reading!
Katie

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Teach Special Thinkers. This list is excellent! Thanks for sharing with us!
    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome!! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete