Anyway....I wanted to share an extremely easy, no prep and engaging game you can play with your students. I call it quick draw!
So--the title isn't the greatest---but trust me the kids will LOVE the game!
Basically quick draw is a game to review or introduce vocabulary terms, words on a word wall or even spelling words.
Quick draw requires virtually no prep and the materials needed are in almost every classroom.
Doesn't this sound like a great game--huh? No prep. No materials. AND fun??
Here's how you play:
- Determine the list of words you want to introduce or review
- Provide each student with a marker board
- Provide each student with a dry erase marker
- Shout (okay maybe not shout...but say) the word aloud to students
- Give students 30 seconds to illustrate the word
- Say, "3.....2.....1....show me!" and every student MUST hold up their illustration (if they are still drawing I give them a warning, and tell them they get paper pencil next time)
- Select a couple of students to explain their drawing to the class
It really is a great game!! I played it with my whole class when I taught fourth grade, but I also play it with my small groups for intervention time. Pictured below is Quick Draw in action......
If you want to download the "cute directions" on how to play this game....you can download it for free from my google drive, by clicking below :).
Hope you all are having or had a great day! :)