I am sure your kids haven't been talking non-stop about it......
I am sure you aren't dreading the calm and quiet classroom party......
Well, if you are like me you plan your Halloween costume last minute (like 8pm the night before.)
So...since I usually have procrastinated, I have to come up with something easy and quick (and preferably cheap). This year one of my teacher friends gave me the great idea of being a piece of notebook paper. Ummmmm...yes....genius!
Besides being a big hit.... the Notebook Paper costume was cheap ($3.99 people, and sharpies from my school!!!), quick to make (under thirty minutes) and easy!
Here is what you need:
- Large white t-shirt
- red sharpie
- blue sharpie
- black sharpie
- flat surface
- paper towels (to put inside the shirt, so the sharpies won't bleed through)
|Pictured are all the supplies you will need for making the Notebook Paper costume!|
Here's how you do it:
- Lay shirt flat on a hard surface
- Place paper towels inside the shirt (prevents sharpies from bleeding onto the other side)
- Use the red sharpie, and draw a line down the left side of the shirt (shoulder tip to bottom)
- Using the blue Sharpie make dots (spaced 2 inches apart) down the shirt on both sides.
|First draw your red line, and then add blue dots spaced 2 inches apart.|
- Next. connect the blue dots using a ruler. Make sure you don't draw over the red line!!
|Connect the blue dots with the blue sharpie creating straight lines.|
I mean how cute is that? How easy is that....and how cheap is that??
I paired my Notebook Paper costume with black leggings (hi...there comfort!) and tennis shoes. You could easily wear it with jeans, or even sweats! :)
Here is to hoping you have a VERY HAPPY HALLOWEEN, and that you survive your classroom parties! :)