Home Meet the Blogger Freebies Contact TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Instagram Pinterest Facebook Twitter Image Map

October 14, 2020

Halloween Snack Ideas: cheap, easy and healthy!

Halloween is right around the corner, and I am ready for a spooooky good time!

Normally my school has a costume parade where kids proudly walk the halls, while parents line the perimeter and snap blurry photos. Ha!  Kids then return to their classrooms to get sugared up and play games.

Due to Covid safety precautions, Halloween celebrations will look differently at our school this year.  Our students will still be able to dress up, although no parade.  We will still have classroom parties, although no parents.  I know it won't be "the same"....and that is okay! I am so thankful my school district takes Covid seriouslyand does what it can to keep all staff and students safe.  Plus we have some amazingly creative and talented teachers and I know they will put on a fa-boo-lous time for their students!

For the past few years, I have passed out some healthier treats to the intervention students I see.  I figure they get enough sugary snacks during their parties, so why not give them something cute and healthy?!?

The two items I hand out are cheap and easy to make! :) One is a string cheese ghost and the other is a jack o' lantern made form mandarin oranges.   


To make the cheese ghosts and jack o' lantern you need a pack of string cheese, cups of mandarin oranges (peaches work too!) and a black sharpie.  Break apart the snacks and use the sharpie to color on eyes, mouth and a nose.  Super easy, right?  

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!   

No comments:

Post a Comment